IMMLACBehind the Scenes
LISA A. COMPAGNO, ESQ.
She has exclusively practiced immigration law for over 17 years.
In establishing this firm, it was important to Lisa that her firm’s name not only represent her area of practice, but her passion for the practice of law.
New York Law School – Juris Doctor, May 2002 ~ New York, NY
Cum laude (Top 7%)
Law Review, Managing Editor
Florida Atlantic University – B.A. in Criminal Justice, April 1999 ~ Boca Raton, FL
Minor in Communications
Honors: Summa cum laude
Lisa A. Compagno, LLC dba
Lisa A. Compagno, Esq. Immigration Law and Advocacy Center
Attorney Nov. 2019 – present
- Contract attorney for other law firms and attorneys who are in need of assistance in the area of immigration law. Services include consultations on complicated matters or litigation strategy, motions and brief writing before the BIA, DHS and federal circuit courts, preparation of cover letters for waivers or other affirmative applications, pre-hearing briefs, closing arguments and more.
Lisa A. Compagno, P.A.
Attorney Sep. 2011 – Nov. 2019
- Provided immigration services to law firms and solo practitioners on a contract basis including advice on complicated immigration matters, development of litigation strategy, and preparing and writing briefs and legal memoranda.
Top Line Auto Sales, Inc. dba PALM TREE AUTO SALES/PARADISE TIRE AND SERVICE
General Manager Sep. 2011 – Mar. 2017
Secretary/Treasurer Mar. 2017 – Nov. 2019
- Managed a multi-million dollar used car dealership and auto repair facility. Responsibilities include managing floor plan audits, sales tax and documentary stamp tax audits, workers compensation audits, finances, bookkeeping, payroll, human resources, marketing, inventory, customer service, vendors, vendor contracts, professional licenses and associations, and general legal Decision-making authority, along with the President and Vice President, regarding the direction of the company, our business model, how to spend advertising budget, which industry vendors to partner with, hiring/firing of employees and all other matters relative to the day-to-day operations of the company.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Assistant Chief Counsel, Office of the Chief Counsel, Orlando 2010 – 2011
Assistant Chief Counsel, Office of the Chief Counsel, Philadelphia 2009 – 2010
- Litigated cases in U.S. Immigration Court; developed and managed motions team; specially appointed to appellate review team and to draft amicus curiae briefs.
U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Legal Policy
Counsel, Washington D.C. 2008 – 2009
- Drafted, reviewed, and edited immigration related legislation and regulations in collaboration with interested agencies;
- Drafted, reviewed, and edited Department responses to Congressional inquiries;
- Reviewed decisions for possible certification to the Attorney General;
- Represented the Department in interagency and public meetings; and
- Vetted candidates for federal judge appointments.
U.S. Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review, Office of the General Counsel
Associate General Counsel, Falls Church, VA 2006 – 2008
- Provided legal advice to agency components;
- Lead counsel for $2.7 million certification contract;
- Responded to inquiries from the Solicitor General’s Office and U.S. Attorney’s Offices regarding litigation strategy for cases pending in district courts, circuit courts, and the U.S. Supreme Court;
- Assisted in preparing the Assistant Solicitor General for oral argument before the U.S. Supreme Court in Dada v. Mukasey, 554 U.S. 1 (2008), including proofing the government’s brief; and
- Developed and drafted agency regulations.
U.S. Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review, Board of Immigration Appeals ~ Falls Church, VA
Attorney General’s Honors Program Law Clerk Sep. 2002 – Sep. 2003
Attorney Advisor Oct. 2003 – Sep. 2004, Oct. 2005 – Mar. 2006
- Reviewed administrative appeals from U.S. Immigration Courts and drafted orders of adjudication
U.S. Department of Justice, United States Attorney’s Office, District of Arizona
Assistant U.S. Attorney, Tucson, AZ 2004 – 2005
- Managed and prosecuted large caseload of illegal reentry cases, prosecuted alien smuggling, drug, and assault on federal officer cases;
- Trained and mentored other attorneys in immigration law; and
- Trained federal and local law enforcement in immigration law.
Business Development Manager
Gina brings over twenty five years of practical small business experience to the behind the scenes operations of IMMLAC. She handles all things non-legal, such as marketing, billing, and administrative matters. Gina has worked in several different industries over the years, including Medical Billing & Collections, Public Relations & Marketing, Electrical & Air Conditioning, and the Art Industry. Her versatile background gives her the invaluable ability to see the “big-picture” and to think outside the box in developing new business and relationships in the legal industry.
For IMMLAC, building relationships is just as important as the services we offer and the work we produce. Gina excels at building relationships within her relevant industry as well as in her community. Gina is a graduate of her local LEADERship program in Florida and was recognized as a Soroptimist Woman of Distinction for her community service. In Georgia, she is the team leader for a local high school scholarship competition and looks forward to getting further involved in her local Georgia community.